Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Favorite Find

I have been a fan of the League of Extraordinary bloggers for some time now. Some topics are better than others. I told myself the next time there is a posted topic that I get could get into, I am joining. The topic this week is show off your best yard sale/ flea market find.  My blog is all about showing off my finds from yard sales, thrift store and flea markets.  I just started theses adventures this summer, so this is my rookie year.

Here is the set up - there was a "senior center community tag sale" posted on Craig's list. It didn't start til 9am and I start my tag sale days at 8 am. So I hit a few sales in a neighboring town. By 10 minutes til 9am  I was in line to the senior center sale. I live in western mass, this sale was in Northapton Mass. I could tell that this would be a good sale if there was 20 people ahead of me. As they opened the  doors everybody rushed in. I noticed when I got inside most of the people inside were gatherd around the jewelry area. I did a quick  scope over the whole room, but i didn't see anything that interested me. I noticed a few people took a left into this hallway that led into what was there dinning room. In the back of the room lined up on tables was a toy section. The worst possible thing was going on, two guys were already hunting down the tables.  I saw something in the middle of the table,  so I B-lined it for, picked it up and it had a 10 cents price tag, nice but no time to celebrate. I fully checked the table from where I stood, I found the hidden gem. The only thing that looked like it could have something in a box marked 5 cents each. The box was filled with old wildlife posters. One of the two guys that was head of me was flipping through the box. He stepped away from the box and I jumped in for the dig. Disappointed that it was full of wildlife posters from 70s and 80s. Then I saw this comic at the bottom of the box.
 

To the left is the toy I found, we get into that later. 
I see this comic, I flip through it. 
 
 It's black and white. This is probably one of the first printings of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics. I know that the cartoon was based on the comic.  I also know that the authors are from my area. They are from North Adams Mass. As I am flipping through I noticed this




I had to do a double take, is this the authors signatures?? From 1990? with sketches??  No way.
The one down fall is its adressed"to John".
No clue of the value. For me this is my whole grale of my rookie year. Toy was icing on the cake


A whole tub of action figures over at Goodwill Hunting.
Over at toyriffic he found a box full of Masters of the univers aka He-man
Branded in The 80s was given a collection of Garbage pale kids.

thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I visited the comic art museum Eastmann and Laird opened in that area a while back. I don't think the museum is around anymore, which is a shame because I loved it.

    ReplyDelete